Skip to main content

POST 12: April 22nd (12:21pm) Gibbs Contacted by Game and Fish - "Witness to the Violation"

Gibbs Contacted by Game and Fish

At 12:21pm on April 22nd, Gibbs's place of employment was contacted by Scott Winkelman, the investigator for Game and Fish. Winkelman stated he was "investigating" the walleye and Gibbs was "witness to the violation." The investigator asked for Gibbs to provide a statement. These actions by Game and Fish were documented in the investigation report published by Game and Fish.

Image of the Game and Fish investigation report stating "witness to the violation."

Changes

Because the Game and Fish investigator stated my walleye "was under investigation" and Gibbs was "witness to the violation," I had to seek legal advice. Game and Fish didn't contact me to ask for more information and didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt. Instead, it was implied a "violation" occurred. Up until this point, I had been providing evidence and information to Game and Fish and even asked if they wanted more information.
A good and simple change would be for an investigator to reach out to the person who caught the fish when they stated, "let me know if you have any other questions or want more information" instead of contacting others and stating a "violation" occurred. 
I couldn't admit it at the time, but I welcomed the investigation. With the rumors and conspiracy theories flying around, I felt an actual investigation would clear things up.

I also believe every record fish, deer, etc. should be investigated. The public deserves nothing less than the truth, transparency and accountability. I have just one question, of all the records, is my record walleye the only one that has been investigated?


#northdakotaslargestwalleye  #volkswalleye  #justiceforthelargestwalleye

Comments