Skip to main content

POST 19: April 23rd (10:00am) Review of Images

The Review of Images

After speaking with the attorneys, I reviewed all my images taken of the walleye. I wanted to see if there was anything I may have missed in those images. Here are some of the images and closeups:  

Picture taken at 3:00pm on April 21st right after the fish was caught.

Closeup image.

There is no visible damage or blood. 

Picture taken by AH at the park on April 21st around 5:00pm.

Closeup of picture taken by AH. 

Picture taken by Game and Fish at the bank of the Heart River on April 21st around 5:00pm. 

Closeup of picture taken by Game and Fish.

Soft Dorsal Fin Tears

As you can see in the images, there is no damage to the back, body or tail - no hole or damaged scales. No blood. There were however, two tears in the soft dorsal fin of my walleye. The tears could be seen in some of the images. 

It was later confirmed by the taxidermist the larger tear in the soft dorsal fin was an "old wound" and the scar tissue "was very evident between the rays of the tear." The taxidermist stated, "It couldn't have been hooked there."

Image provided by the taxidermist with a closeup of scar tissue between the rays of the tear in the soft dorsal fin. The taxidermist confirmed this is an "old wound." 

Additional Images Later Provided by Game and Fish and Others














  




I allowed everyone and anyone to take pictures of my walleye. I had no concerns as to how it was caught and showed all sides of the fish.
There was no damage from a hook on the body, back, fins or tail of my walleye. 


Changes

Sorry that I have to keep explaining this, but I am NOT trying to get you or anyone else on my side about how my walleye was caught. I am just showing you how the walleye had no visible damage to indicate it was foul-hooked. 

Game and Fish could have and should have done this during the verification process, and Game and Fish should have been the ones to release this information to the public - not me. 
Inspecting and documenting the condition of a potential record fish is something Game and Fish should have done and needs to be part of the verification process. 


#northdakotaslargestwalleye  #volkswalleye  #justiceforthelargestwalleye 

Comments