Skip to main content

POST 23: April 23rd (6:37pm) Reaching Out for Witnesses

Reaching Out for Witnesses

After my face-to-face consultation with the attorney, I posted on Facebook looking for witnesses. The time was 6:37pm. There were several witnesses at the Heart River and not one of them expressed any concerns as to how my walleye was caught. Considering this, I was hoping someone would come forward and provide a statement. Below is an image of my post. 




Not only did I post on Facebook asking for witnesses, I sent personal messages to people who were posting comments about my record walleye. I was looking for anyone who appeared to have more information or could provide a statement. 


Changes

Reaching out to the public asking for witnesses was something Game and Fish should have done - not me. There were a lot of people making public posts and comments about my walleye who could have been a potential witness. These potential witnesses could have provided valuable information. 
One witness posted, "It was caught right across from me. Looked like it was hooked in the mouth. Not snagged." 
Why didn't Game and Fish reach out to potential witnesses? Again, someone should NOT have to prove their innocence. It was the obligation of the investigator who opened the investigation to complete a thorough investigation. 


#northdakotaslargestwalleye  #volkswalleye  #justiceforthelargestwalleye

Comments