Skip to main content

POST 26: April 24th (9:38pm) Email to Attorney Requesting Game and Fish Take the Walleye

Email to My Attorney - Request for Game and Fish to Review My Walleye

On April 24th at 9:38pm, after viewing harassing social media posts, I sent an email to my attorney requesting he contact Game and Fish. I wanted Game and Fish to complete an examination of my walleye. See my email below:



The email to my attorney stated, "Hey Justin, can you reach out to Game and Fish tomorrow and let them know that I would love it if they came and took the fish for examination. You can't believe all the hate mail and negative comments I'm getting about this fish. Some people are absolutely awful. I want game and fish to have everything they need to investigate where this hook was when the fish was netted. They can take the fish and my rod reel combo with the bait still attached. I want them to settle this one way or another because people suck. And when they're done I would love to have a report that could be published for the public or something. I have no doubt the fish inspection will provide evidence in my favor. Let me know what you think."

My attorney responded to my email and stated, "My recommendation as of now is to not contact Game and Fish as to anything." The attorney reminded me the investigator stated the walleye was "under investigation" and it was believed a "violation" occurred. 


Changes

I wanted Game and Fish to inspect the walleye. I wanted Game and Fish to have "everything they need to investigate" where the hook was when the fish was netted. I wanted Game and Fish to be transparent with you (the public) by requesting they create a report to be published. 
Wouldn't Game and Fish gain more cooperation if the law for keeping a foul-hooked fish was noncriminal? Seriously, the law needs to change. 

#northdakotaslargestwalleye  #volkswalleye  #justiceforthelargestwalleye

Comments