Skip to main content

POST 14: April 22nd (9:54pm) The 12-Second Witness Video Clip

A Short Clip from the Witness Video

Unknown to me at the time, there was a short video clip circulating on social media. It was a 12-second clip from a much longer video taken by Witness #1 who was the young man fishing next to me who came a short time before my record walleye was caught. The clip can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/Np3c2PTOS_g.

The short clip was in poor quality and was a clip from a much longer video. What we will see in an upcoming post is, this clip took place 45 seconds after my walleye was caught, flopped and changed positions in the net.
The witness video clip did not document where the hook was located at the time the walleye was caught and netted.

On April 22nd, just before 10:00pm, I came across the short video clip on Facebook. I immediately posted a link to it on my Facebook page. Below is an image of my Facebook post.


I stated in my post, "I'm not sure if this is my record fish or not in the video but Joe is giving his statement to law enforcement and I'm saving the walleye for Game and Fish to investigate if needed. I want this to be 100% legit. This sucks."

I posted the 12-second video to be transparent and upfront with my friends and family on Facebook. I wanted people to know I supported an investigation and was willing to provide any evidence to Game and Fish.

Changes

Our country was founded on the principle of innocent until proven guilty, however this principle has been eroded away with the introduction of technology and social media where it has become common practice for people to make false assumptions and pass false judgment on a fraction of the truth.
People are presumed guilty before they are proven innocent. This is the opposite of what it should be.
Why do some people feel compelled to judge others on just a portion of a recorded event? Law enforcement has to deal with this all the time. Why in today's society does this happen when we know there is always more to a story than a few seconds of what we see in a video? How bad does it have to get before we come back to our principles?


#northdakotaslargestwalleye  #volkswalleye  #justiceforthelargestwalleye

Comments